Josiah Venture

Josiah Venture

Sunday, April 12, 2015

But the Lord GOD will help me

Our family is in "the land in-between", with our eyes set on Bulgaria and leaving the land we've come to make our home. This season of life has been one of the most difficult for me. Often I feel as if I am wandering around aimlessly, looking for something familiar, a shred of comfort for my weary soul. Understanding the Lord's provision in my life has been a difficult and painful process because of the idols that scream for my attention. I sympathize with how the Israelites looked back fondly on their captivity in Egypt. That land was familiar and they knew their basic needs would be taken care of. Yet, after they stumbled a few times, they clung to God who promised them something better. He was going to give them a land of freedom, but He needed to take them through "the land in-between" to show them that their provision did not come from their productivity, their money, or their striving. God would fight for them, they need only believe.

As painful and unknown as it is, I praise God for "the land in-between." I can rely on God to meet all my needs and the idols are destroyed in His answers to our daily prayers.

I've clung to this verse and the beautiful truths there-in;
But the Lord GOD helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced;
therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame. (Isaiah 50:7)

Waking up, sleep deprived with Lily--"But the Lord GOD helps me."
Desiring and seeking the truth in the midst of cultural Christianity--"I will not be disgraced."
I remember the goodness I've tasted of God--"therefore I have set my face like a flint."
We will go by faith to take the next step--"and I know that I shall not be put to shame."

Cling close to God my friends. In every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment