Josiah Venture

Josiah Venture

Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Musing - God's Undertaking



We have been reading through Acts as a family, specifically looking at how the Holy Spirit worked through the lives of the early church. I've been struck by how God used what seemed to be dire situations to reveal how powerful and sovereign He is over every situation. 

In Acts 5 there was a specific reference to the will of God and the will of man. As we are nearing our departure for Bulgaria, I am seeing how God has used this time of homelessness and pure dependence on Him to shape my thoughts on how he uses hard and difficult situations for His sovergien goodness and to reveal to us the pure love displayed in how He gave himself over to the Father's will; even when that meant death and mocking. Daily we see examples of sacrifice and selflessness in the church who has housed us and been a part of what God is going in Bulgaria. 

Today I want to shift the focus off of what we have been doing. We often post about the progress of where our family is but I want to center in on who this whole journey has been about from the beginning. I believe that if we make any plans apart from God, they will fail. And sometimes success might look like we actually did fail in the eyes of others... And that is incredibly humbling and hard for me to swallow.

In fact, the kingdom Jesus came to establish is one where the meek inherit the earth

I need reminded daily that I can plan our way, but the Lord makes our steps. Moreover, if I think we can do anything to impress God, I have missed the point. He is the one who will guide us and ultimately restore our relationship with others and Himself. It is my prayer that my life would point to Him. Help me Jesus!

We believe that God has a good plan and purpose for the youth of the world. That is why He is the one doing the sending. He is the one saving. He is the one in whom our wandering hearts find daily rest. 

Pray with us, our church family. That God's ways would prosper in our lives in plenty and in want... That we may know what the will of the Lord is.

No comments:

Post a Comment